Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Blogging

This experience with blogs have been very useful to me. I also learned a lot. I came into this class not knowing a lot about blogging. When I graduated high school and college we did not do this kind of stuff. My experience with computers were very basic although we used computers on the job.

I did not think this was something that was important at the beginning of the semester but the more research and blogging we did I see I was wrong. Blogging can be a good tool to use in the classroom. There are a lot of important papers that do not get home to parents. Blogging can be used to get information to parents. Blogging can also be used for the parents to find information from teachers and other staff in the school. Blogging can be useful to everyone from teachers, students, parents and administrators.

There can be some disadvantages to using blogging. If not monitored, students can do other things that are not required and can take their mind off their work. But all in all with the correct supervision blogging can be a useful tool in the class and outside the class. I do not think I will have a lot of use for blogging because I will be in Special Education with elementary students.

No comments: