Monday, July 2, 2007

Spreadsheets in the Classrooms

Looking for this information was so easy. I have seen several ways that spreadsheets can be used in the classroom. There were so many websites that gave information about using spreadsheets in the classroom. There are so many teachers that have incorporated spreadsheets in their classroom. Teachers are not the only people that can use spreadsheets. Students can also use spreadsheets in the classroom. Spreadsheets have been very useful in the area of math. You can view data in various ways by using spreadsheets. Some of the ways are pie charts, line graphs, and bar graphs.

One website I viewed gave an example of how teachers can use spreadsheets to keep track of grades. It also stated how teachers can use spreadsheets to create charts to use in the classroom for teaching purpose and to analyze various types of data they collect in the classroom. Spreadsheets are not limited for use by certain teachers. All teachers can benefit from using spreadsheets. Please click here to go to a web site that gives a lot of useful information about using spreadsheets in the classroom.

2 comments:

Jennifer Schwartz said...

Very nice example! For those who nothing about spreadsheets, this website will for sure help. I like how it has links to the various levels of school (elementary, middle, and highschool) so the teacher can use it in her classes.

Jennifer Schwartz said...

On to your website. I thought it was nice! I really like the theme of it. I have only viewed two pages when it comes to clicking on all the links and the only problem I see thus far is your Hersey Park page is missing paragraph and the pictures on some of your pages are blurry. You might need to adjust the pictures so he doesn't count off. Have you been to Hersey Park? My husband wants to go but its a bit far I think from here. :)
Great website!!! Oh, and I checked your page sources and they all look good!!! I can't tell you how many red lines I had! :)